The Liston in Corfu, with arcaded terraces and fashionable cafes, was built in 1807 by the French imperial commissioner Mathieu de Lesseps. It is an excellent example of architecture from the Napoleonic period, when Corfu was part of the First French Empire. Other photos can be found here.
Liston is a Venetian word used in various cities of the Veneto region and former possessions of the former Republic of Venice to indicate a part of the city, usually a square or section of a square. The term liston refers to the long marble slabs used for paving the streets. The term far el liston, means “to walk around the square”.